Gray Berryman has written various articles about investing in Outer Banks real estate for local papers, magazines as well as for his buyers and seller clients.
Below are some useful article PDF downloads that may be helpful.
Income and Expenses for Outer Banks Vacation Rentals
A discussion of the factors affecting rental income and expenses for weekly rentals.
Essential Features of a Profitable Vacation Rental Home
• Understand the amenities that matter to weekly rental guests.
Insurance for an Outer Banks Home
• The basics of Outer Banks rental home owner’s insurance.
Pools Make a Splash on the Outer Banks
• A discussion of the impact of a pool on rental income for Outer Banks vacation homes.
Perspectives on Wind Codes in the Outer Banks
• Local builders’ opinions on wind codes and construction.
Outer Banks Location and Lingo
• Definitions of jargon unique to Outer Banks real estate.
Communities on the Northern Outer Banks
• Brief descriptions of each town on the Outer Banks.
Beach House Construction
• Notes on beach construction practices.
Increase Your Outer Banks Home’s Value
• Easy ways to improve your beach home.
New Vacation Rental Homeowner’s Checklist
• These 6 steps will make ownership easier.
Oceanfront Rewards and Risks
• The most exciting location on the island.
Clue Into Maintenance Issues
• A framework for evaluating home maintenance.
Why choose an agent with designations?
• CRS Designees have a proven track record